Tuesday, March 10, 2009

salcedo market

My parents worked with a church in Salcedo for many years. I remember taking the two hour drive usually every other month.
On more than one occasion, we passed the Sunday market. I was awed by the quantity and vibrancy of the yarn I saw there. I asked to stop but we were never able for whatever reason.
Yesterday, the kids and I went. I bought $10 worth of yarn, which is a lot of yarn. I had such a hard time narrowing down my choices. I am not sure how I will use all this yarn but I have been working on several latch-hook designs and hope that I may be able to produce a small show based on this new work.
A childhood dream revisited!

picture 1: this is how I felt when I saw the hilo (yarn)
picture 2:
an example of the latch-hook art I brought along to work on
picture 3: the kids thoroughly enjoyed the famous Helado de Salcedo (Salcedo Ice Cream). The locals loved stopping to look at the kids.

2 comments:

Carrie Sinsabaugh said...

The yarn market is super cool. I think there are a lot of Redeemerites that could spend a lot of money there. My daughter being one of them.

karyl said...

Your mother-in-law is jealous! The yarn look so beautiful. The colors wonderful. I love opening your blog site every day to see what adventure you have had. We are missing you and the boys sooooo much. Love, MOM B