Saturday, October 20, 2007

my tree

For Mother's Day, I asked for a tree. I didn't know what kind of tree and so the purchase was delayed. After studying trees with Marshall this month, I made a list of things I wanted in a tree. Mike, Marshall, Stewart and Pa Gary went to Schneider's nursery in Seymour (we were down that way as a family one day) and picked one out. It's a Centennial Maple. It will grow 50 ft. high and have a 35 ft. spread. It's a good climbing tree and swinging tree, the two main things I wanted, besides being a smaller sized maple.
The reason I wanted to get a tree now was to plan ahead for grandchildren. Weird? Yep, sounds weird saying it... grandchildren. It just seems so far away (if the kids choose to have children someday).
Sure, we'll enjoy our tree's colors and shade now, but mostly I'm looking forward to our boys growing up with it. I want them to come home someday and remember when the tree was newly planted, and remember their adventures on it.

No comments: