Monday, September 3, 2007

better mom when not alone

We did so many fun things this weekend. Horray! And although I am tired, I am refreshed by having had some good family time. This has left me thinking about a book title I read recently. "I was a better mom before I had kids". I really wanted to read it, the title was so great.
But I have a new book title, or blog title... "I am a better mom when I'm not alone". This weekend really showed me that. I had a great time hanging out with my children and husband. It just means so much to not have the pressures of all three on only me.
We went to the National Drag Race championships at O'Reilly Raceway. It was pretty cool although very loud. So loud you could feel the sound vibrating through your body. I was perpetually nervous about Nigel's ears, even though I we used earplugs. I covered his ears every time the cars zoomed by. This whole experience was heaven for Marshall and Stewart and it was super exciting to watch them get into it. I would have never guessed that I would go to one of these things.

No comments: